Last week I wrapped up my first ever daily photo challenge. I stayed on track and was only more than 24 hrs late with a prompt once. That one I missed for days before realizing my mistake. Here are the last four prompts of the month.
28. Pimp it up…not sure what that meant so I shared my freshly decorated coffee table.
29. Costume…I was a cowgirl for work….yes, we were asked to dress up for school.
30. Treats….our bowl of goodies ready for the kiddos.
31. Halloween…our neighbor out having fun along with the kids
This is the challenge I’m doing this month. It appears that FatMumSlim does her challenges in a Facebook group now but I’m still going to do them on Instagram daily and share them in groups here. In fact here are the first 6.
1. Something blue….handmade bowl J made in school.
2. I saw this!….brand new choir sweatshirt lost or abandoned one day after receiving them.
3. Weather….snow before we got the outdoor stuff put away for winter.
4. Can’t live without….my morning coffee. (got my T Tuesday beverage in)
5. 8 o’clock…that was 8AM for Marvin
6. Made me smile today…wearing my late mom’s necklace to work
Over the weekend I was inspired to pick up my knitting needles again. I’ve been helping the past two weeks in a FACS (Family and Consumer Science) class in a couple of intro to knitting sessions. The kids are using pencils as knitting needles. It’s been really fun watching them struggle through and have it click all of a sudden. We’ve had several boys in the class as well. Nice to see them trying something new.
I’m trying to follow a pattern for a stocking hat. The pattern is in a very old knitting magazine I found in my mom’s craft bin. She never, ever knit so I’m not sure were it came from but what the heck…I’ll give it a shot. I’m using a self striping yarn…or at least that’s what I believe it to be. Like I said…giving it a shot. I do think I need to be using longer needles. I can’t remember where I put the rest of mine though…hmmm.
I am very happy to say I’ve completed another art journal. This was a loose leaf type journal. Technically it was a Creative Memories album but I knew in my heart I’d never actually scrapbook this album…or any other for that matter if I’m being completely honest with myself.
On Friday night I completed my last entry. It was a very simple page that started with a piece of artists paper from one of the Stampington family of magazines. I used distress paints to alter the color.
Next I used gelatos to created the base of a flower using my finger to spread the color. On top I drew the loose details of a flower with India ink.
I wrote with a white gel pen some thoughts I had at the moment. I purposely wrote very messy so I’d be the only one who knew what it said while creating some visual interest to the page. This was one of the quickest pages I’ve ever completed and a perfect way to end my journal.
Although I really love working in loose leaf I do struggle with a completely blank page. Many of the papers I used as backgrounds were surface protection pages already smeared with ink, paint and glue. I think I will always tend to stay with vintage books as the base for my journals. The background text and texture of the pages inspire me.
Did you ever have one of those
days weeks where you feel as if you are running in all different directions….but its just your mind.? Or is that just me? So many irons in the fire but they are all being attended so that is a step in the right direction.
College applications along with official transcripts and ACT scores have been submitted. FAFSA has been submitted. J is several steps closer to heading off to college in the Fall!
We had our first snow on Friday. It didn’t amount to much but the change in temps and the crazy wind has certainly taken us all by surprise. BRRR! Luckily we had gotten the vast majority of the leaves picked up and taken to the environmental center for composting. While we were there I stopped in at the Reuse room and snagged a brand new bottle of gesso and 3 cans of spray paint.
I started a new segment on my blog called Funny Face Friday. I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to keep it up but I must say I’m seeing faces in more and more things all the time!
19. Spooky….one of our board game covers
20. Witchy…mini-me helped me with this prompt. She said my vignette looked kind of witchy (not sure how I feel about that)
21. Night…our corner tree with half the bulbs burned out. Come on Christmas decor sales.
22. Wicked…another board game cover…wicked genie
23. BOO!…he’s really too cute to be scary
24. Decoration….I do more Fall than Halloween decorating. Not my favorite holiday.
25. Out & About…can’t say that I just sit around at work. I’m moving constantly!
26. Pens of plenty…some of my faves
27. Pumpkin…just another crazy weather day for us. Snow is not uncommon in October around here.
Just a few prompts left. I really had fun and was challenged with some of the prompts. I’ve yet to pick my November challenge but rest assured I will share it with you.
This has been what I’ve been drinking in the evenings when it’s chilly. It’s so good!
Tomorrow we’ll be handing out treats to all the little goblins that stop by. I’m supposed to dress up for school but I really don’t want to…plus I have a doctor appt right after work. AWKWARD! We’ll see how motivated I am tomorrow. I figured I’d default to a cowgirl. Braids, hat, boots…check. We can make that work.
What are you doing today?
I’ve been doing pretty well keeping up with the daily prompts for the photo challenge from Mrs. Brimbles. I honestly am now unclear if this is a current challenge on her blog or not but there are definitely people using the #mrsbrimblesboodaily on Instagram so I’m playing along.
10. Writing…results of a brainstorming session about my blog
11. Preparation…home canned goods and wine
12. My poison…Corona with lime
13. Halloween memories…J circa 2004 as Link
14. Magic…Magic the Gathering card
15. Selfie…I improvised with my reflection
16. Favorite…painted, decorated edges of altered books and art journals. The wonkier the better.
17. Color orange…Castle Danger Cream Ale…gorgeous orange color
18. Words…dictionary pages covering my tired old fridge.
I did do some actual creating the other day…you can take a peek at the previous post at my art journal pages. I’m also thinking about setting up my sewing machine temporarily. I have a project in mind and do have a deadline so I know it won’t be out forever. Unless I can find one of those tables that the machine folds down into. Gotta keep my eye out for one of those!!
My day will consist of making lunches, work, quick grocery store stop, dinner and laundry.
Living the dream, folks…living the dream.