I’ve been slowly but surely working on the list since Rinda of Gallo Organico posted it way back in the beginning of June.
I missed the first check-in the end of June. This summer has gotten away from me. I have to admit, each year that passes, time speeds up exponentially whether I like it or not.
So on to the list….
1. A bouquet of flowers: This was in the waiting room at the eye doctor. Silk flowers arranged in a vase is technically a bouquet.
2. An ornate door knocker: I found this at an antique/junk store not too far from home. The town is super small and hosts shops that are only open 3 days a month. They call them “occasional sales”. The rest of the month you are limited to several bars, a coffee shop and a gas station.
3. A person walking a dog (or other animal): I nabbed this photo before the parade on the 4th of July. You’ll be seeing more photos from that same day…just wait.
5. Architectural columns: This was taken at another of the “occasional shops”. Super fun antiques, remakes and junk to peruse.
7. A turtle: Two for the price of one. We knew just where to spot a turtle at the arboretum. They love that log in the pond.
9. A tent: A couple more photos taken on July 4th. The top is the beer/entertainment tent for the carnival and street dance that is held on the evening of July 3rd. The bottom photo is the cub scout float in the parade.
10. A college or university: I took some classes at this community college many, many years ago. It’s just a few miles from The Mall of America and IKEA. I love IKEA…MOA, not so much.
12. A public restroom, bathroom, or toilet: These were only a fraction of the port-a-potties on site for the Independence Day festivities and there were still lines as it got later into the evening!
13. A merry-go-round or carousel: Also from the carnival…
16. A panoramic view, taken while standing someplace high in the air: I was going to use this photo for my natural body of water but the more I looked at it I realized that we were really much higher than Lake Minnewashta in the distance. This was also at the arboretum.
17. At least two people wearing matching outfits or uniforms: Again from the parade. I could have had SO MANY for this one as well but most of my photos had the backs of heads in them. This one I was able to crop most out.
19. A ticket booth: I bet you can guess where this one was taken!
20. A natural body of water: I honestly could have dozens of photos in this section. Minnesota IS the land of 10,000 lakes after all. This was taken at the arboretum. Its a really nice pond with natural wetland surrounding it. They built some boardwalks so you can walk all the way around it. Just beautiful.
If you find something on the list too difficult, you may substitute one of the following items for any one item on the list, except for Item #21:
I’m not giving up on finding the rest on the list but I will post my alternates anyway.
Alternative A: People eating outside: From the carnival before the parade
Alternative B: Someone holding an umbrella: Very smart idea this man in the wheel chair had to shade himself during the parade.
Alternative C: A rocking chair: I love my folding rocking chair! My kids laugh but I don’t care.
So lets see here…I got 13 of 21 so far and 3 alternates. Not too shabby. But I still have these left to find.
4. People playing a board game or card game
6. A metal bridge
8. Someone “plugged in” to social media
11. A cellular tower or television satellite dish
14. A traffic signal
15. A flag pole with at least three flags on it
18. An overloaded truck, car, bicycle or other vehicle
21. A photograph of you with a sign reading “2015 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt”. Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.
Wish me luck!