Last week I wrapped up my first ever daily photo challenge. I stayed on track and was only more than 24 hrs late with a prompt once. That one I missed for days before realizing my mistake. Here are the last four prompts of the month.
28. Pimp it up…not sure what that meant so I shared my freshly decorated coffee table.
29. Costume…I was a cowgirl for work….yes, we were asked to dress up for school.
30. Treats….our bowl of goodies ready for the kiddos.
31. Halloween…our neighbor out having fun along with the kids
This is the challenge I’m doing this month. It appears that FatMumSlim does her challenges in a Facebook group now but I’m still going to do them on Instagram daily and share them in groups here. In fact here are the first 6.
1. Something blue….handmade bowl J made in school.
2. I saw this!….brand new choir sweatshirt lost or abandoned one day after receiving them.
3. Weather….snow before we got the outdoor stuff put away for winter.
4. Can’t live without….my morning coffee. (got my T Tuesday beverage in)
5. 8 o’clock…that was 8AM for Marvin
6. Made me smile today…wearing my late mom’s necklace to work
Over the weekend I was inspired to pick up my knitting needles again. I’ve been helping the past two weeks in a FACS (Family and Consumer Science) class in a couple of intro to knitting sessions. The kids are using pencils as knitting needles. It’s been really fun watching them struggle through and have it click all of a sudden. We’ve had several boys in the class as well. Nice to see them trying something new.
I’m trying to follow a pattern for a stocking hat. The pattern is in a very old knitting magazine I found in my mom’s craft bin. She never, ever knit so I’m not sure were it came from but what the heck…I’ll give it a shot. I’m using a self striping yarn…or at least that’s what I believe it to be. Like I said…giving it a shot. I do think I need to be using longer needles. I can’t remember where I put the rest of mine though…hmmm.