It’s been an eventful week around here. so I think I’ll recap a few of the highlights.
I’ve gotten back in the groove of being creative on a semi-regular basis. First of which is some more work on the stocking hat I’m knitting.
My original intention was to make something red, white and blue for our Veteran’s Day program at school but these colors spoke to me instead.
Speaking of the Veteran’s Day program. It was amazing! I cried all of my eye makeup off. It was very moving. I hadn’t been witness to a 21 gun salute or the playing of taps since my dad’s internment. Needless to say, I was a mess. I seriously am a fairly stoic person but that got me…as well as the Lee Greenwood song, God Bless the USA….gets me every time…especially when all those vets stood up as the line says “And I gladly stand up
Next to you and defend her still today”. The tears were rolling.
7. on the floor….me, Marvin and the toy…a little view from his side of things.
8. a place…DQ of course. love that place and its a braizer so it doesn’t close for winter….yes many Dairy Queen stores close over winter around here.
9. Heck yes! …….saw this sign at school “Make your life story so amazing that unicorns have trouble believing it is true.”
10. I do this every day….make and drink coffee. Bam! got my tea Tuesday reference in as well. 🙂
11. A set…my fiestaware of course.
12. normal….my knitting looks normal at least so far.
In other exciting news… J got an acceptance letter from UMD today!! So exciting!!!
What are you doing today??